From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
- This page is used to post recent stories related to Geology (past 12 months). For older news see Geology news archive.
- Please place links in chronological order, limit description to one sentence, and only link to News story (do not add internal or external links to the description). News posted here should also be placed on the current news page.
- After originally refusing to issue a permit to creation scientist Andrew Snelling so he could collect rocks at the Grand Canyon, National Park authorities relented and issued a permit, June 30, 2017.
- Robot Sub Finds Surprisingly Thick Antarctic Sea Ice Not only is the amount of sea ice increasing each year, but an underwater robot now shows the ice is also much thicker than was previously thought, a new study reports. Accu Weather, November 30, 2014
- Rare Diamond Confirms That Earth's Mantle Holds an Ocean's Worth of Water Subterranean waters that have been long-held as the source of the global flood have been confirmed by recent research. Scientific American, March 12, 2014.
- Brazilian diamond hints at vast water reserve deep inside Earth Diamond found in Brazil is yielding new information about the composition of our planet.Reuters March 13, 2014.
- In the Canadian Rockies, a Major Fossil Find Intensifies the Object of Darwin's Doubt Sudden appearance of complex body plans mystified scientists in Darwin's day, and continues to pose a severe challenge. Evolution News & Views, February 13, 2014.
- Algae to Crude Oil: Million-Year Natural Process Takes Minutes in the Lab With the use of heat and pressure biotechnologists are converting a wet algae slurry into oil, a process likely similar to how oil formed rapidly during the global deluge. Science Daily, December 18, 2013.
- LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics Ban on discourse stirred outrage among scientists. Fox News, October 18, 2013.
- Climate change report's 'temperature hiatus' fuels skeptics Latest IPCC report affirms science of global warming but at pains to explain 15-year warming plateau. CBCNews, Sep 26, 2013.
- How to Solve the Cambrian Explosion: Turn Up the Evolutionary Speed Dial Media trumpets paper's assertions as the answer to all the critics, the scientific "findings" to finally rescue Darwin from his dilemma. Evolution News and Views, September 20, 2013.
- Reservoir deep under Ontario holds billion-year-old water Search is on for signs of microbial activity isolated in Earth's crust. Nature, May 15, 2013.
- A one-in-a-billion dinosaur find Rare dinosaur extracted from a cliff in a working mine, which is thought to have been washed out to sea during a flood then quickly covered in mud and silt. The Guardian, May 13, 2013.
- Ancient Fossil looks like Today's Acorn Worms Fossils were found in some of the deepest fossil-bearing rocks to be virtually unchanged in 505 million years. ICR News, April 9, 2013.
- Dr. Easterbrook’s presentation on climate change At Washington State Senate hearings of the Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee scientist challenges claims that global warming is a recent phenomena that is due to industrial activities. Doug Ericksen Washington State Senator. March 26, 2013.
- Triceratops Horn Soft Tissue Foils 'Biofilm' Explanation dinosaur fossils challenge conventional explanations and offer testimony of recent sedimentary deposits from a global flood recorded in Genesis. ICR News, March 18, 2013.