The word Geology comes from the Greek word geo meaning earth, and logy which basically means "the study of". It is the scientific study of the origin, history, and structure of the earth. This is usually taken to mean the formation of the fossil record or geologic column, and other major features (mountains, rivers, etc.). Geology provides clear evidence of the global flood of Noah, which strongly supports a young earth and goes against the long ages the theory of evolution requires to operate.
Catastrophic Plate Tectonics
Catastrophic plate tectonics is a theory that proposes rapid movement of the Earth's plates during the flood of Noah. It was originally derived by Dr. John Baumgardner, and substantiated by sophisticated computer modeling.
Many creation geologists feel it fits with standard geology better than other flood models because it offers a scientific description of the flood of Noah that is compatible with plate tectonics and continental drift theories. It also provides a mechanism for the source and recession of the flood water (i.e. the fountains of the great deep), and accepts the conventional interpretation of events like earthquakes and volcanic activity. Because it simply requires an accelerated timescale for plate movement, the conflict with traditional uniformitarian geology is also minimal.
Baumgardner's model is illustrated in the 27 minute documentary titled: In the Beginning: Catastrophic Plate Tectonics and the Genesis Flood, which was produced in 1996 by Keziah and American Portrait Films.
Dr. John R. Baumgardner has a B.S and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Texas Tech University 1968, and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University 1970. He also received M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Geophysics and Space Physics from UCLA - 1983. John works as a staff scientist in the Theoretical Division at Los Alamos National Laboratory, where he has continued his research in planetary mantle dynamics, including the potential for catastrophic mantle overturn. Dr Baumgardner’s current technical work at Los Alamos includes development of a new global ocean model for investigating climate change.
One of the ironies of the evolution-creation debate is that the creationists have accepted the mistaken notion that the fossil record shows a detailed and orderly progression and they have gone to great lengths to accommodate this "fact" in their Flood geology. (David M. Raup, "Evolution and the Fossil Record", Science, Vol. 213, No. 4505, 17 July 1981, p.289).
Catastrophology • Flood geology • Fossil • Geochronology • Geology book • Geology site • Geothermal vent • Mineral • Paleoanthropology • Paleobotany • Paleoherpetology • Paleontology • Paleozoology • Rock • Volcanology
A, Absolute dating, Accelerated decay, Anomalously Occurring Fossils, Antediluvian civilization, Aquifer, Arches National Park, Aquatic ape hypothesis, Atmosphere, Ayers Rock, B, Big Bend, Big Bend National Park, Black Sea, Black smoker, Bryce Canyon National Park, C, Canopy theory, Capitol Reef National Park, Carbon-14 dating, Carlsbad Caverns, Catastrophic plate tectonics, Catastrophism, Catastrophist, Channeled Scablands, Concordance of dates, Concordia dating, Continental drift, Creation in secular journal (geology) Cro-Magnon man, Crystalline canopy, D, Decline of humanity, Dendrochronology, Diamond, Dinosaur National Monument, Dinosaur State Park, Dinosaur track, DNA and Babel, Dry Falls, Durupinar, E, Earth, Evaporite, Evolution, Expanding earth theory, F, Fission-track dating, Flood and kinetic energy, Flood geology, Flood model, Flood water, Fossil, Fossil record, Fossil sorting, Fossilization, Fountains of the great deep, G, Geochronology, Geologic ages, Geologic time scale, Geological column, Geology, Geology quotes, Geomagnetic field decay, Geomagnetic reversals, Geomagnetism, Geothermal vents, Geyser, Glaciation, Global flood, Grand Canyon, Grand Canyon: A Different View, Grand Canyon: Monument to Catastrophe, Great deep, Green River Formation, Gypsum, H, Hanson Research Station, Homo antecessor, Homo erectus, Homo ergaster, Homo floresiensis, Hydrological sorting, Hydroplate theory, I, Ice core, Igneous rock, Index fossil, In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood, Index fossil, Isochron dating, J, Joggins, Nova Scotia, John Baumgardner, L, Limestone, Liquefaction, Living fossil, Local flood, Loess, M', Marble, Metamorphic rock, Mid-oceanic ridges, Milankovitch cycles, Missoula flood, Morrison formation, Mount Ararat, Mount St. Helens, Mountain, 'N, Nicolaus Steno, O, Ogallala aquifer, P, Paleobotany, Paleontology, Panola Mountain State Park, Petrified Forest National Park, Petrified wood, Pisco formation, Plate tectonics, Pleochroic halos, Polystrate fossils, Principle of lateral continuity, Principle of original horizontality, Principle of superposition, Principles of Geology, R, Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth, Radiometric dating, Rapid coal formation, RATE Group, Relative dating, Ring of Fire, Rock, S, Sedimentary rock, Shale, Springs of the great deep Stalactites and Stalagmites, Strata, T, TAB model, The Geology Book, The Young Earth, Tower of Babel, Turbidite, Turbidity currents, U, Unfossilized dinosaur bones, Uniformitarian, Uniformitarianism, V, Varves, Vertical plate tectonics, Volcano, W, White Sands, Windows of heaven, Y, Yellowstone National Park, Z, Zion National Park, Zircon,
- Writes descriptive articles for sites of interest to creation geologists.
- Write biographies for Creation geologists.
- Write articles that describes various rocks and minerals.
- After originally refusing to issue a permit to creation scientist Andrew Snelling so he could collect rocks at the Grand Canyon, National Park authorities relented and issued a permit, June 30, 2017.
- Robot Sub Finds Surprisingly Thick Antarctic Sea Ice Not only is the amount of sea ice increasing each year, but an underwater robot now shows the ice is also much thicker than was previously thought, a new study reports. Accu Weather, November 30, 2014
- Rare Diamond Confirms That Earth's Mantle Holds an Ocean's Worth of Water Subterranean waters that have been long-held as the source of the global flood have been confirmed by recent research. Scientific American, March 12, 2014.
- Brazilian diamond hints at vast water reserve deep inside Earth Diamond found in Brazil is yielding new information about the composition of our planet.Reuters March 13, 2014.
- In the Canadian Rockies, a Major Fossil Find Intensifies the Object of Darwin's Doubt Sudden appearance of complex body plans mystified scientists in Darwin's day, and continues to pose a severe challenge. Evolution News & Views, February 13, 2014.
- Algae to Crude Oil: Million-Year Natural Process Takes Minutes in the Lab With the use of heat and pressure biotechnologists are converting a wet algae slurry into oil, a process likely similar to how oil formed rapidly during the global deluge. Science Daily, December 18, 2013.
- LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics Ban on discourse stirred outrage among scientists. Fox News, October 18, 2013.
- Climate change report's 'temperature hiatus' fuels skeptics Latest IPCC report affirms science of global warming but at pains to explain 15-year warming plateau. CBCNews, Sep 26, 2013.
- How to Solve the Cambrian Explosion: Turn Up the Evolutionary Speed Dial Media trumpets paper's assertions as the answer to all the critics, the scientific "findings" to finally rescue Darwin from his dilemma. Evolution News and Views, September 20, 2013.
- Reservoir deep under Ontario holds billion-year-old water Search is on for signs of microbial activity isolated in Earth's crust. Nature, May 15, 2013.
- A one-in-a-billion dinosaur find Rare dinosaur extracted from a cliff in a working mine, which is thought to have been washed out to sea during a flood then quickly covered in mud and silt. The Guardian, May 13, 2013.
- Ancient Fossil looks like Today's Acorn Worms Fossils were found in some of the deepest fossil-bearing rocks to be virtually unchanged in 505 million years. ICR News, April 9, 2013.
- Dr. Easterbrook’s presentation on climate change At Washington State Senate hearings of the Energy, Environment & Telecommunications Committee scientist challenges claims that global warming is a recent phenomena that is due to industrial activities. Doug Ericksen Washington State Senator. March 26, 2013.
- Triceratops Horn Soft Tissue Foils 'Biofilm' Explanation dinosaur fossils challenge conventional explanations and offer testimony of recent sedimentary deposits from a global flood recorded in Genesis. ICR News, March 18, 2013.