Creationism is a belief system which postulates that the universe, Earth, and life on Earth were deliberately created by an intelligent being. There are a spectrum of creationist views with two main schools of creation thought known as religious creationism and intelligent design. Religious Creationism is the belief that the universe and life on Earth were created by an almighty deity. The position has a deep rooted foundation in scripture, which is relied upon for insights regarding the history of the world. Within the creationism camp can be found young earth and old earth advocates. Intelligent design (ID) infers that natural laws and chance alone are not adequate to explain all natural phenomena. It is not governed by religious doctrine, nor does it makes claims about who the creator was. ID uses no religious texts when forming theories about the history of the world. ID simply postulates that the universe possesses evidence that it was intelligently designed.
The young earth creationism perspective is the result of a plain, or historical-grammatical reading of the description of the early earth in the Bible, or the Islamic Qur'an, which both contain nearly parallel accounts of a six-day creation, Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, and Noah's flood. For purposes that are clear, the Christian interpretation will be built upon and described.
Integral aspects of the Young Earth Creationist position include creation in six days (encompassing everything from the beginning of the universe to the appearance of man), and the global flood of Noah's time (as the fossil-bearing sediments laid down by the flood account for most of the geological column). Young earth creationists scientists also believe that the first law of thermodynamics and second law of thermodynamics argue against an eternal universe and they also claim that these laws point to the universe being supernaturally created.
Dr. Robert V. Gentry is a nuclear physicist who worked 13 years for the Oakridge National Laboratory ('69-'82). He has spent the major part of his scientific career investigating traces of polonium radioactivity inscribed in granite and is arguably the world's leading authority on polonium halos. His research has resulted in authoring or co-authoring over twenty research papers in scientific publications, such as Science, Nature, Geophysical Research Letters, Annual Review of Nuclear Science, and Earth and Planetary Science Letters. When he began his research, he was an evolutionist. Today, Dr. Gentry is a fully convinced young earth creation scientist.
Evolution is not merely a biological theory of little significance. It is a world view—the world view diametrically opposing the Christian world view. Therefore Christians ignore it or compromise with it at great peril! — Dr. Henry Morris, The Long War Against God, Baker Book House, Grand Rapids, MI, 1989, p. 23
Anticreation response • Bible • Chronology • Cosmic chronology • Creationism • Creation ministry • Creation museum • Creation scientist • Creation theory • Creationary site • Creationist • Creationist book • Creationist video • Creationist educator • Creationist facility • Creationist organization • Creationist periodical • Geochronology • Historical creationist • Intelligent design • Noah's flood • Old earth creationism • Research • Young earth creationism
A Accelerated decay, Anthropic principle, Archeology, Answers in Genesis, B, Biblical apologist, Biblical creationism, Bible scientific foreknowledge, Bionics, C, Canopy theory, Carbon-14 dating, Catastrophic plate tectonics, Catastrophist, Complex specified information, Cosmic chronology, Creation, Creation Bus, Creation Moments, Creation museum, Creation science, Creation Science Evangelism, Creation scientist, Creation theory, Creation vs. evolution, Creation vs. evolution poll, Creationism, Creationist, Creationist group, Crystalline canopy, D, Days of creation, Dendrochronology, Disciplines in creationism, Discovery Center, Durupinar, E, Earth Science Associates, Epic of Gilgamesh, Erroneous arguments, Expelled, Extraterrestrial creationism, F, Fibonacci number, First light, Fission-track dating, Flood geology, Flood legends, Flood model, Fossil sorting, Frequent objections to creationism, G, Gap theory creationism, Genesis, General intelligent design, Global flood, H, Hanson Research Station, History of creationism, Hydroplate theory, I, Intelligent design, International Journal for Creation Research, Irreducible complexity, Islamic creationism, M, Metaphysics, Mount St. Helens, N, Noah's Ark Zoo Farm, Northwest Creation Network, O, Objections to creationism, Old earth creationism, P, Pro-geocentricity, Problems with progressive creationism, Progressive creationism, R, Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth, Relative dating, Religious empiricism, S, Supernaturalism, T, TAB model, Teleology, Theistic evolution, Theistic evolution argument, Types of Creation, V, Van Andel Creation Research Center, Y, Young earth, Young earth creationism, Young earth evidence, Young solar system, Young solar system evidence, Young universe evidence,
- Genesis: Paradise Lost debuted in theaters, November 13 and 16, 2017
- 1 million visitors in one year: Ark Encounter performing strongly in its first year despite secularist opposition. Creation Museum attendance also up – nearly three times the yearly average, July 7, 2017.
- After originally refusing to issue a permit to creation scientist Andrew Snelling so he could collect rocks at the Grand Canyon, National Park authorities relented and issued a permit, June 30, 2017.
- The documentary movie Is Genesis History?, released in theaters on February 23, 2017 and shown three more times in the U.S. and Canada due to its commercial success, gives a powerful presentation of the young earth model and scientific evidence in favor of it.
- Pope Contradicts Genesis Account of Creation, Argues ‘God and Evolution’ Are Compatible Pontiff Francis reaffirmed long-held Catholic beliefs that evolution is not “inconsistent” with Creation. Christian News Network, October 27, 2014.
- Dallas researchers out to scientifically prove biblical version of creation The Institute for Creation Research received featured news piece including interviews with several of their scientists. Dallas Morning News, August 15, 2014.
- Noah's Ark Project May Get $18 Million in 'Tourism Incentives' From Kentucky The Kentucky Tourism Development Finance Authority has given "preliminary approval" on the Ark Encounter project overseen by a Christian apologetics group known as Answers in Genesis. Christian Post, August 5, 2014.