From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
Mizpah (Hebrew: מִצְפָּה, Mitspah, "watch-tower"), Miz'eh or Miz'peh is the name of several places. It may refer to:
- Mizpah in Benjamin, a city named in the list of the allotment between Beeroth and Chephirah (Joshua 18:26 ).
- Mizpah in Gilead (Genesis), Galeed, the place where Laban overtook Jacob on his return to Canaan (Genesis 31:49 ).
- Mizpah in Gilead (Judges), a town where Jephthah lived, possibly the same as the above (Judges 11:34 ).
- Mizpah in Gilead (Joshua), a region at the foot of Mount Hermon inhabited by Hivites (Joshua 13:26 ).
- Mizpah in Moab, a town to which David removed his parents for safety during his persecution by Saul (1Samuel 22:3 )
- Mizpah in Judah, a city of Judah (Joshua 15:38 ), in the district of the Shephelah or maritime lowland