Jay W. Richards is a theologian and intelligent design theorist, currently employed as the Director of Institutional Relations and a Research Fellow at the Acton Institute, Grand Rapids, MI. He was formerly the Vice President and a Senior Fellow of the Discovery Institute.
He has a B.A. with majors in Political Science and Religion, an M.Div. (Master of Divinity) and a Th.M. (Master of Theology), and a Ph.D. (with honors) in philosophy and theology from Princeton Theological Seminary. While at Princeton Theological Seminary, he held a Teaching Fellow, he was executive and associate editor of The Princeton Theological Review, and president of the Charles Hodge Society.
He is a prolific author, formerly a Contributing Editor of The American at the American Enterprise Institute., and having published in numerous academic journals such as Religious Studies, Christian Scholars' Review, The Heythrop Journal, Encounter, Perspectives on Science and the Christian Faith (the journal of the American Scientific Affiliation); as well as editorial features in The Washington Post and The Seattle Post-Intelligencer. He has also written several books including The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos Is Designed for Discovery (Regnery, 2004), which he co-authored with astronomer Guillermo Gonzalez. 
- Scientist Should Keep Minds Open Web Article
- What Intelligent Design Is—and Isn’t: The more scientifically sophisticated we get, the stronger the argument for intelligent design. Web Article
- Good Reason To Shoot For The Moon Newspaper Article
- Are We Spiritual Machines? Ray Kurzweil vs. the Critics of Strong A.I. Newspaper Article
- Natural selection found in report on science education Newspaper Article
- Lerner Report Whitewashes Bad Science: A Response to Lawrence S. Lerner's "Good Science, Bad Science: Teaching Evolution in the States" (Thomas B. Fordham Foundation, September 26, 2000) Web Article
- Scopes trial symbolism holds today Newspaper Article
- Can We Detect Evidence of Purpose Scientifically? Web Article
- Darwinism and Design Newspaper Article
- Intelligent Design Theory: Why it Matters Web Article
- The Privileged Planet 464 page Hardback. 2004, with Guillermo Gonzalez.
- The Untamed God: A Philosophical Exploration of Divine Perfection, Immutability, and Simplicity InterVarsity Press, 2003.
- Unapologetic Apologetics: Meeting the Challenges of Theological Studies InterVarsity Press, 2001, with William A. Dembski.
- of Are We Spiritual Machines?: Ray Kurzweil vs. the Critics of Strong AI Discovery Institute Press, 2002, with George Gilder.
- Priest of the Cosmos Book Review
- Dr. Jay Richards by Acton Institute.
- Jay W. Richards by the Discovery Institute
- Jay Richards by Access Research Network