Recent pages is a special page that allows users to track changes on the CreationWiki. It lists recent changes in reverse order, including all edits, creation date and time, current size, user who created the page, file uploads, page moves, deletions and any specified edit summary. It also provides links to patrol these new edits when that feature is enabled.
This feature is accessible at Special:RecentChanges.
In the menu on top it offers a collection of links to customize your display: limit the number of changes shown, the number of days or restrict it to edits to a certain namespace. You can also hide edits marked as minor (don't forget that major changes can be flagged by a user as minor anyway).
One line in recentchanges consists of several links:
- diff displays the difference to the previous revision of the page,
- hist links to the revision history of the page,
- the link with the full title of the page brings you to the current version. If the title is in bold, it indicates that it is on your watchlist.
Next is a flag describing the article modification type:
- N signalizes a new page,
- m a minor edit,
- b an edit made by a bot.
Following the timestamp the user is mentioned with a link to his user and talk page and to his contributions. In italic follows a comment if the user has submitted one.
Enhanced recent changes
- ! 15:17 Main Page (4 changes; (+236) Page history) [Some User (2×); Some Other User (2×)]
Simply click the blue arrow to the left of the page name and timestamp to expand that page's recent edits just as they were on the normal style. You can turn this enhancement on and off at will, so feel free to try both to see which one you prefer.
The page results are adjustable using setting in the User Preferences.
- Days to show in recent changes: Here you can specify how far back the recent changes pages will go. Note that the list will stop prematurely if the number of edits is exceeded (see below)
- Number of edits to show in recent changes: Here you can specify how many edits should be displayed.
- Hide minor edits in recent changes: This enables you to hide edits marked as minor (see editing etiquette). Since some users will rapidly make a lot of tiny tweaks to update templates or fix spelling errors you may find enabling this to be useful. You can also turn this on temporarily from the recent changes page.
This special page can be transcluded, with the first unnamed parameter specifying how many entries should be displayed.
Additional parameters may be used a comma separated list such as:
|days||integer||Maximum number of days to display|
|limit||integer||Maximum number of entries to display|
|hideminor||Hide minor edits|
|minor||Show minor edits|
|hideliu||Hide logged in users (LIU)|
|hidepatrolled||Only show pages which have not been patrolled.|
|hideanons||Hide Anonymous users|
|hidemyself||Hide the logged in user's own changes|