From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
|| Focus on the Family is a global Christian ministry dedicated to helping families thrive. We provide help and resources for couples to build healthy marriages that reflect God’s design, and for parents to raise their children according to morals and values grounded in biblical principles. We’re here to come alongside families with relevance and grace at each stage of their journey. We support families as they seek to teach their children about God and His beautiful design for the family, protect themselves from the harmful influences of culture and equip themselves to make a greater difference in the lives of those around them.
- We believe that all people are of infinite value, regardless of age, development, appearance or ability.
- We believe that marriage is the foundation of family life, and that God’s design for marriage is a relationship where both husband and wife are committed to loving and caring for one another for a lifetime.
- We believe children are a gift from God, and thrive best in a home where both mother and father are committed to raising them with love, intention, and care.
- We believe sex is given by God as an expression of love to be shared and enjoyed exclusively between a husband and wife.
- We believe that Christians have a responsibility to promote truth and social policy that improves the strength and health of the family, as God designed.
- We believe that parents should aspire to model for their children how to humbly follow the teachings and spirit of Jesus at home and in the community.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 About Focus on the Family Focus on the Family, Accessed June 29, 2012.