From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science
(Redirected from Abednego)
Azariah (Hebrew: עזריה, ʻAzaryāh; "Name means::helped by YHWH"), is the name of at least four members of the House of David, the royal family of the United Kingdom of Israel and later of the Kingdom of Judah:
- Two princes named Azariah, each the son of Jehoshaphat. (See Azariah (son of Jehoshaphat) and Azaryahu.) Their brother Jehoram killed them both, together with every other brother that Jehoram had, and a number of other "minor royals" as well.
- King Azariah, or Uzziah.
- Prince Azariah, better known by his Chaldean name Abednego, a friend of Daniel who was thrown into a burning fiery furnace for not worshipping the golden statue erected by Nebuchadnezzar II.
- Azariah I, who served during the reigns of Solomon, Rehoboam, Abijam, and Asa.
- Azariah II, who confronted his sovereign, Uzziah, when the latter tried to burn incense on the altar of incense, a function only a priest could perform.2_Chronicles 26:17
- Azariah III, the good friend and supporter of King Hezekiah, during whose reign he served.